While we are committed to Open Source and Open Hardware, we also want to stop any malicious plagiarism of the website contents. It is for this reason that we may put some information on pages that only users with an account on our website may access.
These terms may change at any time. This website is evolving and so are the services and content, please check back to see any updates.
Our Open Source Software Policy
GPL and LGPL are licenses that “Free Software” is released under. Free in the term “Free Software” does not pertain to price, you are free to charge for it. The free in “Free Software” means that the recipient is free to receive the source code along with the executable object code if desired, and also free to modify it, but with the duty to then make the new source code available if distributing it, whether for free or a fee. In other words you may not take Open Source and then make a Proprietary application from it.
In most cases Very Low Cost Software will mean that all you must do is have an account on our website to gain access to object code and its source if so desired. As we mention many times over, we are mainly doing this as a way to stop the bots from simply stealing everything off of our site which would weaken the community we are trying to foster here.
Our Open Hardware Policy
We are currently working on how we will handle Open Hardware, but for now we see it working very similar to the Open Source Software. Please check back as this area will definitely change in the future.
Forums and Comments
This website provides a forum to exchange ideas and learn about creating embedded electronics and software. We expect each user to respect each other and to promote learning on every experience level. Any negative or disrespectful dialog will be promptly deleted from this website. You must be a registered user to post questions in the forums or post comments to website content.
The legal Mumbo Jumbo
- Termination. Miser Technologies may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Miser-Tech account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". Miser Technologies and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Miser Technologies nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Miser Technologies, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Miser Technologies under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Miser Technologies shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Miser Technologies, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Miser Technologies and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Miser Technologies, or by the posting by Miser Technologies of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Gloucester County, New Jersey. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. ("JAMS") by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Gloucester County, New Jersey, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Miser Technologies may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.